The main purpose of the Parents Association is to provide a forum for parents to work together to see how best we can assist the school, which in turn benefits our children.
Parents can raise any concerns they may have about school issues either directly at the Parents Association meetings which take place each month or through your class representative (see below for name of your class rep).
Ways in which the Parents Association aim to assist the school:
- Assisting in the organisation of school events throughout the year
- Networking social forum for ALL parents in the school
- Liaison between parents and school staff
- Fundraising conduit
- Information dissemination via Parents Association newsletters
- Providing parents with information to assist in the best educational development for their children (the P.A. is affiliated to the National Parents Council)
If you have any ideas or suggestions as to how the Parents Association could help you as a parent in the school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Or if you would like to receive monthly email updates you can also contact us and we will add you to the mailing list. Just email: email@example.com
The Principal would like to pay special tribute to the support the school gets from the Parents Association. In addition to fundraising they do excellent work in the school. In June 2016 over €5000 was raised when some parents organised a sponsored walk, money towards providing the school with the most up-to-date I.T. equipment.
Over the past three years the association has presented the school with over €20,000 towards I.T. development.
In 2012 85% of the school’s annual expenditure came from the Department of Education and Skills Grants, this figure in 2016 was down to 64%. Were it not for our parents, we could not keep standards to the desired level.